Lorraine is an experienced collaborative lawyer, nationally accredited mediator and registered family dispute resolution practitioner who assists clients to resolve their disputes respectfully without the intervention of the Courts. In the collaborative law process the parties are in control of the process and conduct their own negotiations during meetings they attend with their respective lawyers who provide support to the parties.
Lorraine also has extensive experience as a mediator, including family dispute resolution. She has a strong commitment to the principles of mediation and an established record of case resolution without proceeding to the courts. As a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner registered with the Commonwealth Department of the Attorney-General, Lorraine provide appropriate mediation or conciliation in all family disputes including property, children, parenting and spousal maintenance, as well as wills and estate matters:-
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW, 1992.
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor; High Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia, 1993
- Admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of the ACT, 1995
- Nationally Accredited Mediator, Law Society of NSW & LEADR
- Trainer – Mediation & Collaborative Law (International Academy of Collaborative Professionals standard)
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner No. R1003816 and FDRP supervisor
- Accredited Family Law Arbitrator
Areas of Practice
- Collaborative law, mediation, facilitation and family dispute resolution
- Trainer – mediation & collaborative law :-
- professional development unit, School of Law University of Wollongong;
- collaborative law for the Professional Development Unit: LAW, University of Technology Sydney;
- the Law Institute of Victoria;
- CLE Masters Family Law;
- Member of the Shellharbour City Council Conduct Review Committee.
- Panel mediator for the Law Society of NSW;
- Author: Australian Family Law: Sections; Collaborative Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Family Relationship Centres published by Lexis/Nexis. Papers on collaborative family law practice that have been published by dispute resolution associations including LEADR and ADRB.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Legal Studies Macquarie University, 1992.
- CHC80308 Vocational Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution with Distinction
- Advanced Collaborative Law – UTS
- Integrating Sustainability, University of Technology of Sydney Centre for Local Government, 2004.
- Development Control, University of Technology of Sydney Centre for Local Government, 2004.
- Mediation Certificate, Bond University – Dispute Resolution Centre, 2004.
- Framework for Mediation Practice, Unifam Counselling & Mediation, 2005.
- Certificate of Accreditation – Mediation Level 3, Business & Commercial Mediation, Australian Commercial Dispute Centre, 2005.
- Certificate of Accreditation – Mediation Level 3, Local Government Mediation, Australian Commercial Dispute Centre, 2005.
- Collaborative Law Practice Program, UTS: LAW short course, Presented by Stuart G Webb and Marion F Korn for University of Technology of Sydney, 2005
- Advanced Mediation Skills Workshop “The Heart of Conflict: Advanced Skills for the Dispute Resolution Professional” Presented by Bernie Mayer for LEADR, 2005
- Advanced Mediation Certificate, Bond University – Dispute Resolution Centre, 2005
- Dispute Resolution Certificate, Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators in conjunction with Bond University Dispute Resolution Centre, 2005
- Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training, Training Masters, 2006
- Workplace Relations ADR Training Program, The Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia. 2006
- Family Law Arbitration – AIFLAM and Bond University – Dispute Resolution Centre
- Engaging the Public Controversy – with Peter Adler for LEADR – November 2011 .
- Law Society of NSW and the Law Society of NSW Dispute Resolution Panel
- American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section, Collaborative Law sub-committee.
- Chair – Collaborative Dispute Resolution in Cross Border Disputes Project – International Committee of American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) (Member of the Board 2007-2009)
- Global Collaborative Law Council, Advisory Director
- ADR Blueprint committee (ADR Directorate, NSW Attorney General Department)
- Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators ADRA (past member of the Board) Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc (President 2007-2009) Asia Pacific Mediation Forum LEADR – Association of Dispute Resolvers